With the recent changes to the RNC recruiting process, both the psychological and medical assessments are now being completed by Fit For Work (FFW). These assessments look specifically at a candidates suitability for policing and utilize assessment tools that have been developed and validated for this specific occupation. The assessment process requires a four (4) hour appointment and will include the following:
- Detailed health history questionnaires;
- Psychological and intelligence screening tests utilize tools specific to assessing police, corrections and/or other public safety candidates;
- 8 Panel Drug testing;
- EKG (if over 40 years of age);
- Bloodwork (HbAIC, CBC, Lipid profile, blood type)(if over 40 years of age) ;
- Comprehensive examination with a physician.
*Please be aware that if baseline testing identifies a need for additional medical or psychological testing, the Stage 2 screening will result in extra fees.
Fees will be paid directly to FFW on the day of testing:
- $ 685.00 – candidates under 40 years of age
- $ 785.00 – candidates over 40 years of age
*plus any additional testing fees if Stage 2 testing is required.
Testing locations: St. John’s and Corner Book, NL
*Considerable effort will be made to accommodate applicants requiring appointments in other locations but cannot be guaranteed. Additional charges will occur if testing facilities are situated in alternate locations.
Applicants who require corrective eye surgery must arrange to have it completed upon successful completion of this stage.
For more information on these assessments, please contact the Recruiting Office at email@example.com and/or call 709-729-8729.